Photographing Children – A Self-Paced Online Class provides the skills, creative insights, and technical know-how required to capture spirited portraits of children in timeless photographs.
Join this exciting self-paced online class and learn to capture children naturally — honest-beyond-the-cliché photographs. The class includes four personalized video critiques.
- Camera fundamentals (ISO, shutter, aperture, white balance, exposure modes)
- Equipment essentials
- Action photos and lifestyle and environmental portraits
- Posing and rapport strategies
- Composition, color theory, and wardrobe
- High-key and low-key strategies (exposure compensation)
- Natural light – intensity and direction
- Supplemental light: reflectors and fill flash
- Location and background considerations